Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some good tucker

What was that? Panfried chorizo, white beans and crispy pork belly with spanish onion and a fried egg on top? Yes please!

Crispy pork belly on apple and walnut coleslawPanfried chorizo, white beans and crispy pork belly with spanish onion and fried egg

 I love a pleasant surprise upon entering a new venue, and the upside-down pot plants hanging from the Tuck Shop's ceiling weren't it. When I ordered my orange juice the waitress informed me that their oranges were not only peeled but they were stripped of all their pith before juicing as well (that white stringy stuff!). I'm not sure if it was psychological, but the juice did taste super awesome that day! Very... orange!

The decor is clean and crisp, the ambiance is relaxed yet lively and the service is attentative. I was very happy with my panfried chorizo but the crispy roast pork belly with apple and walnut coleslaw is also divine. Self-labelled as a cafe/pie house/delicatessen, The Tuck Shop is a place for breakfast, brunch and lunch.


The Tuck Shop

If you do wish to try one of their exquisite pies don't venture there too late in the day because they sell out! The one I wanted did anyway *sad face*.


The Tuck Shop
Open Tuesday to Sunday 7am until 4pm
178 Newcastle Street, Northbridge
08 9227 1659

The Tuck Shop Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment